UPDATED MUSIC POLICIES: SEPTEMBER 14, 2021
– While playing wind or brass instruments, those players do not need to wear face masks. This enables the proper usage of the lips, etc. to create the music that we all enjoy.
– The instruments do need to be “masked” so as to prevent the forceful dispersal of particles from the players through their instruments.
– The players need to be 25 feet from any audience members (congregation) and 6 feet from each other when playing. This is consistent with CSU and PSD guidelines for such players.
– The brass and winds players must be masked when not playing.
– All musicians must be vaccinated and 6 feet apart to participate in our musical groups.
As with all COVID rules, this is subject to change as conditions change in the community.
UPDATED: AUGUST 19, 2021
OSLC Congregation and Community,
As we continue to navigate through the pandemic, we also continue to learn new things and adapt with the needed policies for the time. Our covid team is up to date on CDC, county and state recommendations and requirements and meets to discuss how these are best followed in our setting. We know that change is difficult and we know that you all are trying your best as are we. As we are called to journey with this world and not a part from it, we will continue to face challenges. In our call we are asked to love our neighbor and we will act accordingly out of that place of care for community.
The Covid Team and Executive council have met. Due to the CDC and Larimer county recommendations in regards to the delta variant and the rise of cases in our county we are requiring masks inside the building. This is to do what we can to help stop the spread and care for the most at risk. We will still offer refreshments at times and ask that you join only if you are comfortable, distance or move outside. The building is still open for gatherings and usage. Please contact Karyn in the office firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule space. If you have any questions please contact Rob Petterson or the office.
All activities for children will be masked and care with cleaning will be taken in the nursery and other rooms that are used. Kid’s Club will offer covid safe activities and alternatives to choir will be available.
In order to participate in an adult music group of OSLC, participants must be vaccinated. In additional, all musicians will mask while singing or playing. Instruments are to use covers fitted for their instrument in rehearsals and worship.
All staff who are eligible for vaccination are vaccinated as well.
Thank you for your patience and help as we have worked through these difficult months. Let’s all come together in love and support for each other as we open our services and our church up to wider use in God’s love.