On October 1st, we will celebrate the retirement of the Bells Director Marlys Oetken and 40 years of the Bell Choir! We invite all former and current bell ringers to join us for this wonderful celebration!
for helping donate over 30 large bags / boxes of clothing & footwear as well as $827 to the Homeward alliance fall family resource fair
Monday, October 2
Native American Educational Event: Life and Justice on the Pine Ridge Reservation in SD
• History of the Oglala Lakota Reservation
• Life on the Reservation
• Education, Health and Judicial Issues
Special Guest Speaker: Judge Jeffery Viken, who worked as a federal prosecutor, federal public defender and in private practice before President Barack Obama nominated him to be a federal judge serving western South Dakota in 2009. He is retiring on October 1 and joining us to speak the very next day! Judge Viken was adopted decades ago into a Lakota family through a hunka ceremony and says, “Pine Ridge is a glorious culture and it’s been misrepresented every which way by national publications and films, as well as locally.”
Chili supper beginning at 5:30 p.m., followed by the presentation from 6:30-8 p.m. RSVP for the event HERE and if you would like to make chili CLICK HERE.
Sponsored by OSLC Faith & Justice Team
Join us every Wednesday from 4:30-6:30 for our fall kids’ club!!!
Join us for Sunday School every Sunday from 10:00 – 11:00 am!
Parents join us for coffee klatch during that time!
We are in need of volunteers on Wednesday evenings from 4:30pm-6:30pm. Come join us for activities, dinner, and faith education. You can volunteer monthly, bi-monthly, or weekly! We begin September 13th and have some wonderful children to connect with and know! Please contact Pastor Leta with questions or to volunteer email@example.com or 970-893-2890.
Join us for an informational meeting September 17@10:00am in East Meeting Room.
If you have questions please see Mark or Lynn Twietmeyer
Our Saviour’s recently introduced the Land Acknowledgement Statement that we will see in our e-news and on our worship slides from now on. As Sharon Petersen shared during her temple talk, this is a first step in recognizing that our homes and our church building occupy lands that once belonged to Native American tribes. Another step is learning about the Native American History of Colorado, the tribes, and the culture. Here is an opportunity!
- Meet at the Harmony Transfer Center to take the 7:35 a.m. Bustang to Denver Union Station. Half-price fares in August! $10 round trip ($7.50 for seniors)
- Grab some coffee/breakfast at Snooze in Union Station…other suggestions welcome!
- Take the free 16th St. Mall Bus from Union Station to Civic Center Station
- Walk to History Colorado Museum (0.5 mile/10 minute walk) – opens at 10 a.m. Tickets are $14. See the new Sand Creek Massacre exhibit + “more than fifteen exhibitions that span four floors and capture the spirit of the Centennial State”. Included: CO Photographer John Fielder’s REVEALED exhibit***
- Lunch at a nearby restaurant – Leven Deli Company and BurgerFi are just a block away.
- Option to visit the Center for Colorado Women’s History after lunch (Women’s Equality Day is 8-26) or another museum of interest
- Bustang back to Fort Collins at 3:45 p.m. (negotiable to earlier or later)
Interested? Contact Beth DeHaven (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions and to sign up.
Nature photographer John Fielder died Friday, Aug. 11, 2023, after a prolonged struggle with pancreatic cancer.
“Since beginning as a professional photographer in 1973, Fielder’s work has appeared in more than 50 books. In January 2023, he donated his Colorado photography to History Colorado and wrote in a subsequent column for the Summit Daily News: “I have never felt that I ‘owned’ my photographs, only that I was borrowing these places to visit and record, and that I would give them back someday.”
We are headed up the mountain for a weekend of service! Join us at Sky Ranch the weekend of September 8-10, we will be doing some needed updates to Schram (cabin adopted by OSLC) as well as other projects needed by the camp. Plan to join us even if you can only come up for the day on Saturday! Register HERE
We are looking for those who are in high school to come and be a part of the youth staff team!
Youth staff serve in a variety of ways:
-Sunday morning playroom
-Sunday morning office support
-Wednesday night kids’ club
CONTACT PASTOR LETA: LETA@OUR-SAVIOURS.ORG WITH QUESTIONS
Join us for a sale of gently used items! August 5th, 8:00am – 1:00pm, located inside the church.
Breakfast and lunch also being served!
All proceeds will go to Our Saviour’s Lutheran Preschool.